xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "David J. Thomson" <dthom...@eecs.tufts.edu>
Subject Re: thread limit?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:24:28 GMT
Hello,

I ran into problems a while back. I'm not sure if it's been resolved, but
I was only doing theoretical testing. Search the archives for maximum
number of file descriptors. As far as I remember, collection.close() was
not actually doing anything, so java was running into problems with the
maximum number of simultaneous open files/file descriptors on the
underlying operating system (ulimit -n). Furthermore, IIRC, creating a
database instance will open up all the collections, even if you only use
one of them. Not sure about that, though.

David