xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Kurt Kavanaugh" <kkavana...@teletrol.com>
Subject logging to Xindice log vs root logger/STDOUT
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:38:25 GMT

We are using log4j, Xindice, tomcat and apache and have separate logs for each application
stored in a single logs directory for convenience.

My question is this I would like to have the Xindice log information directed to a log file
in our standard logs directory.

Note I have looked at the sources and see that in Database.java at least the logger requested
is...

private static Log log = LogFactory.getLog("org.apache.xindice.core");

So seeing the import statement above I see the use of the org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
class.

If I set my commons-logging.properties file to...

org.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
and setup loggers in my log4j.properties that match "org.apache.xindice.core" will I see the
logging directed appropriately?