xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: added Xindice Ant Task to WIKI
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:30:05 GMT
Jim Fuller wrote:

> [...]

I like the general approach that you're proposing. Have you considered
making the database implementation pluggable? Really, it seems to me
that you are writing an XMLDB ant task, not a XIndice one. It'd be good
to be able to somehow configure the required XMLDB driver (e.g. to use
the embedded driver). For an example of some XMLDB code that does this,
check out:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xmldb/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/

This uses the following snippet in Cocoon's cocoon.xconf:

    <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
        <!-- Xindice driver -->
        <driver class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="xindice"/>
        <!-- Xindice 1.1 Embedded driver -->
        <driver class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl" type="xindice-embed"/>
        <!-- Add here other XML:DB compliant databases drivers -->
    </component-instance>

But otherwise - an Ant task would be great.

Regards, Upayavira