xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Kim Daugaard <...@maerskdata.dk>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.1b3 install/configuration frustrations on Windows XP
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:51:50 GMT

Hi Vadim,

I have tryed both copying the endorsed folder from

C:\Xindice\xindice-1.1b3\build\endorsed to

C:\j2sdk1.4.1\jre\lib\ext

and adding

-Djava.endorsed.dirs=c:\Xindice\xindice-1.1b3\build\endorsed

to C:\Xindice\xindice-1.1b3\xindice.bat

Still when I try to add a document I get this error:

C:\Xindice\xindice-1.1b3\java\examples\guide\xml>xindice ad -c
xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/addressbook -f address1.xml -n address1
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using SAX Driver: 'xerces'
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using Service Location: '/xindice/'
[DEBUG] CollectionImpl - -Using URL: 'http://localhost:8080/xindice/'
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.command.StringSerializer.startElement(StringSerializer.java:244)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.command.AddDocument.execute(AddDocument.java:131)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:336)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:213)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:124)

Could it be another problem than endorsed libs?

kind regards
Kim Daugaard

              Vadim Gritsenko

              <vadim@reverycod       To:       xindice-users@xml.apache.org

              es.com>                cc:

                                     Subject:  Re: Xindice 1.1b3 install/configuration frustrations
on Windows XP
              01/30/2004 05:05

              PM

              Please respond

              to xindice-users

Kim Daugaard wrote:

>Hi Vadim,
>
>I tried suggestion a) by copying the endorsed folder from
>
>C:\Xindice\xindice-1.1b3\build\endorsed to
>
>C:\j2sdk1.4.1\jre\lib
>
>This did not solve the problem.

Well, it should not: endorsed lib is not there. It's in
C:\j2sdk1.4.1\jre\lib\ext

>Concerning suggestion b), could you be a little more specific? Tomcat 5 has 11 .bat files
in /bin
>folder. Which one and where should I put the statement -Djava.endorsed.dirs=c:\Xindice\xindice-1.1
>b3\build\endorsed?

Well, I can answer this, but it seems to me you don't need this: your
problem is with XMLTools not with Tomcat (see stacktrace). So you need
to edit bat|sh you use to start XMLTools, not Tomcat.

With Tomcat, btw, endorsed lib is located in TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed

Vadim

>Kim Daugaard
>

>              Vadim Gritsenko

>              <vadim@reverycod       To:       xindice-users@xml.apache.org