xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Nina Juliadotter" <nvjul...@it.uts.edu.au>
Subject Connection refused
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 06:10:26 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been trying connect to Xindice through Cocoon for a few days now without
success. I'm running Xindice 1.1b4 as a standalone under Tomcat 5.0. I've got it up
and running fine, I can access it through xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/testcol
and add documents and query it and all that.

As I gave up on trying to get Cocoon to connect to it, I used the source code from

http://xml.apache.org/xindice/guide-developer.html#Diving+in+With+an+Example+Program

and changed the details to reflect my database. But when I run it, I get the error:

XML:DB Exception occured 1 A connection to the Database instance 'db' could not be
created. Error: Connection refused

My uri string is declared as:

String uri = "xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/testcol";

and that's the only thing I have changed from the original code.

Has anyone come across this problem before, by any chance? Any idea what to do?

Cheers,
Nina