xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: import/export with meta-data
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:57:35 GMT
Wouter de Vaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to have a complete collection structure being
> exported with keeping meta-data on XML documents and binaries in tact
> and which
> I can import again afterwards. Is there functionality for this (as far
> as I can see, xindice -export doesn't support this)?

Do you mean "inline metadata" or "external metadata facilities"? You can
export external metadata using "-export" command, it is stored under
system collection.

> Does this need to be written? If so, any suggestions how I should do this?

For external metadata, I guess the only thing needed is improvement in
documentation on import/export. For inline metadata, it should be
possible to modify export command to store it in separate file beside
resource files. Send patches to the dev list for discussion and applying
to CVS.

Vadim