xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Melhuish <j.melhu...@signal.qinetiq.com>
Subject Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade problem
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:24:47 GMT
I've changed the driver references to
"org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl", as per the upgrade
notes on the Wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/UpgradeTo11EmbedNotes

However, I get the following error when trying to run a JSP page (on
Tomcat) that tries to access the database:

"Could not locate Xindice driver class! Ensure the necessary jars are on
your classpath: xindice.jar, xmldb.jar, xmldb-sdk.jar is a good guess"

Aha, I think, that's because the JAR files in the project's
"WEB-INF/lib" directory are still those for 1.0, not for 1.1.  So I
replace them with the contents of the "WEB-INF/lib" directory of the
xindice directory (unpacked from a WAR), but to no avail.  I also tried
copying the JARs from a Xindice 1.1 source tarball, but with the same error.

Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers,

Jon