xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Murray Altheim <m.alth...@open.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade problem
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:07:37 GMT
Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
>>

>>>"Could not locate Xindice driver class! Ensure the necessary jars are
>>>on your classpath: xindice.jar, xmldb.jar, xmldb-sdk.jar is a good
>>>guess"
>>

>>Add to your JSP:
>>
>> <%= new org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl() %>
>>
>>If it fails you'll know that classpath is the problem. You have to
>>have xindice-*.jar and all xmldb-*.jar's in WEB-INF/lib of your webapp.
>

> Thanks, that was indeed the problem.  I didn't realise that, even if
> you've already installed the WAR, you still have to:
>
> *  Download and extract the source tarball
> *  Run "build"
> *  Copy the resulting xindice.jar from "dist" to the webapp's "lib"
> directory
>
> I don't quite understand why this is necessary.
>
> I think the current migration notes on the Wiki are a little confusing
> if you are trying to install a release version (from a WAR file, for
> example).  Should I write a "migrating to a stable 1.1 release" how-to?

Jon,

Well, they were written explicitly for the embedded version, so it
would be great to have some documentation about using the WAR file.
Have at it!  All improvements in the documentation are welcome...

Murray

Murray Altheim                    http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK               .

   Sonia, 6 yrs old, from Guatamala.
   Talents: Singing.              Favorite Pastime: Playing with dolls.
   Languages spoken: Cakchiquel.  Lives with parents.
   Number of Siblings: 8          Family's Monthly Income: $61.00

   How much have you spent on coffee in the past year?
   http://www.children.org/childDetail.asp?id=874380&sid=624BF46E-FD31-44CA-9B34-69D60E313258