xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade problem
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:49:49 GMT
Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
>>
>>> "Could not locate Xindice driver class! Ensure the necessary jars
>>> are on your classpath: xindice.jar, xmldb.jar, xmldb-sdk.jar is a
>>> good guess"
>>

>> Add to your JSP:
>>
>>  <%= new org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl() %>
>>
>> If it fails you'll know that classpath is the problem. You have to
>> have xindice-*.jar and all xmldb-*.jar's in WEB-INF/lib of your webapp.
>

> Thanks, that was indeed the problem.  I didn't realise that, even if
> you've already installed the WAR, you still have to:

If you have installed WAR file, it means that you have an xindice-*.jar
in the tomcat/webapps/xindice/WEB-INF/lib folder. If you are trying to
write JSP connecting to this xindice server, and this JSP resides in
*another* web application - then you have to copy xindice-*.jar file
there too, so you have client classes.

Hope it clears up the issue.

> *  Download and extract the source tarball
> *  Run "build"
> *  Copy the resulting xindice.jar from "dist" to the webapp's "lib"
> directory

You can get xindice.jar from war dist also; no need to build new one.

> I don't quite understand why this is necessary.
>
> I think the current migration notes on the Wiki are a little confusing
> if you are trying to install a release version (from a WAR file, for
> example).  Should I write a "migrating to a stable 1.1 release" how-to?

Go ahead. All help is welcome.

Vadim