xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Murray Altheim <m.alth...@open.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Running Xindice-1.1b4 in embedded mode
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:35:40 GMT
Jonathan Melhuish wrote:
> Mabanza, N wrote:
>
>>Hi Vadim,
>>Thanks for writng back to me.
>>Hard time in a sense that I have installed all the jar files in the classpath.. but
still not working. I want to run my application and server in the same virtual machine. I
am getting error message when running it..
>>Like if I try to run CreateCollection.java example, this is the error message I am
getting

>>CreateCollection.java:22: package org.apache.xindice.xml.dom does not exist
>>import org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser;
>
> You could try unpacking all of the JAR files that you have put in the
> classpath, and seeing whether such a file does exist.  I used the "jar"
> utility on Linux to do this, but I'm sure there's a Windows equivalent
> (maybe WinZip, even?).
>
> If you can't find a file called "DOMParser", then you'll have to try to
> work out which JAR file you are missing.  If it does exist, you
> obviously have a problem with your classpath.

...and I suppose before anyone goes off on any wild goose chase
looking for DOMParser, the Java classpath should (and does) provide
adequate indication of where the file is found: in the xindice.jar
file. Something in your installation is screwy, such that your
classpath (providing xindice.jar) is not correct. I'm not in a
position time-wise right now to debug this further. You might try
printing your classpath to sysout to see what it contains.

Murray

Murray Altheim                    http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK               .

    If he were alive today, how might Mahatma Gandhi, the greatest
    apostle of non-violence, challenge Osama bin Laden's worldview?

   "Why Terror?" Bhikhu Parekh, Prospect Magazine, April 2004.
    http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/start.asp?P_Article=12487