xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Collins" <u4125...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Basic Authentication with Tomcat
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:24:56 GMT
> Matt Collins wrote:
>
>>I've corrected the code as you suggested, but the error remains:
>>
>>XML:DB Exception occured (error code: 0)
>>org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Cannot communicate with the server:
>>http://localhost:8080/xindice/
>>

> What do you seen if you go to http://localhost:8080/xindice/ with the
> browser?
> What is the stacktrace?

Going to http://localhost:8080/xindice with the browser gives me the
normal "ugly browser" interface after prompting me for the
username/password with http basic authentication.

The problem comes when I try to access the database through a Java (or
flowscript) program.

I translated the Java program of the previous email into flowscript, and
this is the head of the stacktrace that I get:

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException:
"file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/webapps/asia/forms/flow/forms.js",
line 35: uncaught JavaScript exception: at add_info
(file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/webapps/asia/forms/flow/forms.js,
Line 35): org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Cannot communicate with the
server: http://localhost:8080/xindice/

cause: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Cannot communicate with the
server: http://localhost:8080/xindice/

full exception chain stacktrace[hide]
Original Exception: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Cannot communicate
with the server: http://localhost:8080/xindice/
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.<init>(CollectionImpl.java:168)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:297)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:159)
        at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
        at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at
org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaMethod.call(NativeJavaMethod.java:230)
        at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1244)

Here is the flowscript program, in case it helps (any typos are mine, I'm
copying this by eye):

var driver = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";
var c = java.lang.Class.forName(driver);

var database = c.newInstance();

database.setProperty("xmlrpc-password", "...");
database.setProperty("xmlrpc-user", "xindice");

DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);

var uri = "xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db";

col = DatabaseManager.getCollection(uri);

Line 35 as mentioned in the stacktrace is the line col =
DatabaseManager.getCollection(uri);

As mentioned before, this flowscript code, without the setting of
username/password, was working until I set the xindice directory to be
password protected.

Thanks for your time,

Matt