xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Laxma Reddy Dendi <xindice_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xindice accessing restrictions...?
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:50:44 GMT
I am using Basic HTTP Authentication with MemoryRealm
and this works well with JSP and Servlets and also
just accessing the xindice in the browser.

but when I try to execute the same code (same as JSP
or Servlet) with just java on the command line, I am
getting the following error:
trying to register database
XML:DB Exception occurred Cannot communicate with the
server: http://localhost:8080/xindice/

though my problem is solved, I am curious to know why
the authentication is not working with Java on the
command line.

sincerely
Laxma