xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From <nurfuermaili...@gmx.de>
Subject Storing binary Resource
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:27:24 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to insert a binary resource into the database.
Collection.storeResource throws the following exception:

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Cannot
insert a binary resource in '/db/binres' (inline-metadata is not enabled)
	at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(Colle
ctionImpl.java:119)
	at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(Collecti
onImpl.java:240)

I have enabled metadata for the root-collection which contains the
collection in which I want to insert the resource using:
use-metadata="on" in the configuration-file server.xml. But the description
above says, that this command enables "external
metadata facilities for this database instance."

How can I enable inline-meta-data?

Best regards,
Wolfram