xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Eno Thereska <...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: evaluating many predicates on multiple nodes
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:53:02 GMT
Yes, but let's not sidetrack from the original question :) Basically all
examples I have show the attributes example, but I want to nodes
example, where a node is an element. Any answer on that? So is the
following statement the most efficient way:

<car>
    <type > bar /type>
    <color> foo </color>

I want to use XPATH to select the cars of type "Mercedes" with color
"black" say. Currently I do the following:
xindice xpath -c /db/CarCollection -q
"/car[type='Mercedes']//ancestor::car[color='black']

Thanks
Eno