xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: ServerStartUp
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 21:26:47 GMT
Charles Lee wrote:
> HI guys!
>
> Just wondering if you guys/gals have xindice ver. 1.1b4 runnning? I have
> installed the war successfully in tomcat and have added the appropriate
> env variables. My OS is FC3.
> I try to add a new collection by issueing the following command:
> ./xindice.sh ac -c /db -n test
> The error message is:
> XMLDB Exception 0: Cannot communicate with the server:
> http://127.0.0.1:8888/xindice/
>
> The url should be http://localhost:8080/xindice/.
>
> Is there a way to configure that?

Deploy xindice.war (exactly this name) in the webapp directory of
xindice. Start up Tomcat. Check if Tomcat actually runs
(http://localhost:8080/). Then try http://localhost:8080/xindice/. This
should work, there is nothing to configure. It should work out of the blue.

> Thanks in advace for any info..
> Charlie

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi