xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Dalton <aa...@daltons.ca>
Subject Re: xindice tool and port number
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 13:04:05 GMT
Georg Sauer-Limbach wrote:
> Use a xindice xmldb URL like this:
>
> xindice.sh add_collection -c xmldb:xindice://127.0.0.1:8080/db/whatever
> -n ........
>
> Otherwise it uses the default, which is localhost:8888.

I knew that was possible, but I assumed there was some way to alter the
default or in some other way reduce all that extra typing.  If not, then
I guess there's not.  Is there a reason there is no environment variable
or config flag to alter the default port, given that that is likely the
first thing to change for many people?

For now I'll just have to use shell expansion.  Thanks for the help as I
get my head round all of this!

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@daltons.ca   |   http://superdupergames.org