xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Failed to load configuration
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 16:23:16 GMT
On May 6, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Aaron Dalton wrote:

> I searched the archives and only found 3 messages, none of which
> were pertinent.  I've googled and still can't find any clear
> direction.
>
> Colophon:
>  - Debian Linux (etch)
>  - Tomcat5.5
>  - java version "1.5.0_15"
>    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-
> b04)
>    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode)
>  - Xindice 1.1
>
> Process:
>  1) Install (and verify) Tomcat
>  2) Download/Extract Xindice 1.1
>  3) ./build.sh
>    - Saw numerous errors related to deprecated calls, but the .war
> built fine
>  4) Copied the .war to webapps dir (in my case, /var/lib/tomcat5.5/
> webapps)
>  5) Restarted Tomcat
>  6) Went to http://localhost:8180/xindice
>  7) Got the error listed below
>
> ROOT CAUSE
> ----------

Unfortunately this is not the root cause exception. This configuration
exception was caused by something else (as can be seen on line 267
[1]). Can you check tomcat output, or tomcat logs, for more details?

If there are no more details in any of log files, I can suggest adding
a line to XindiceServlet.java which would print cause exception:

266 : 	} catch (Exception e) {
add : 	    e.printStackTrace();
267 : 	    throw new ConfigurationException("Failed to load
configuration.", e);
268 : 	}

> org.apache.xindice.util.ConfigurationException: Failed to load
> configuration.
>
> org
> .apache
> .xindice.server.XindiceServlet.loadConfiguration(XindiceServlet.java:
> 267)
> 	org.apache.xindice.server.XindiceServlet.init(XindiceServlet.java:
> 105)
> 	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>
> sun
> .reflect
>
> sun
> .reflect
> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> 	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> 	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:
> 243)
> 	java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> 	javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
> 	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:
> 275)
>
> org
> .apache
> .catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:161)
>
> org
> .apache
> .catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:114)
>
> org
> .apache
> .catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>
> org
> .apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
> 148)
>
> org
> .apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
> 869)
> 	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:
> 664)
>
> org
> .apache
> .tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
> 527)
>
> org
> .apache
> .tomcat
> .util
> .net
> .LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
> 	org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
> $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
> 	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
> All I've found so far searching is information regarding XML Parser
> conflicts, but the error message listed in the FAQ is not here.
> AFAIK Xerces is indeed what is being used.  If indeed this is a
> Xerces error, can anybody help me figure out which of the
> gazillion .jar directories is being examined first so I can copy the
> right .jar to the right place?

If I remember correctly, tomcat can load XML jars from $TOMCAT_HOME/
common/endorsed directory. Try copying xindice's endorsed libraries
[2] there.

Vadim

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xml/xindice/tags/XINDICE_1_1/java/src/org/apache/xindice/server/XindiceServlet.java?annotate=534572
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xml/xindice/tags/XINDICE_1_1/lib/endorsed/