xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Failed to load configuration
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 17:27:01 GMT
On May 6, 2008, at 2:04 PM, Aaron Dalton wrote:

> Thank you very much for your reply, Vadim.  I went through the logs
> and there is a section that does not appear on the 500 error page
> (appended below).  It appears to be a permissions issue?

Yes it is java permission issue (it is not related to unix file
permissions).

> Is there a way to do an auto-check on permission settings?  Or
> someplace that can tell me what they should be?  Excuse my
> ignorance, but I am new to Tomcat as well as Xindice.  Again, thanks
> for your time and assistance.

Somehow your tomcat is starting with java security manager enabled.
Which means all applications are running in the sandbox and you have
to explicitly specify which application is allowed to do what - which
is done in conf/catalina.policy file. You could edit this file to put
in there all the permissions necessary to run xindice, or - much
easier - you can turn off security manager.

Check your tomcat start script and look for "-Djava.security.manager"
parameter or "-security" parameter or something like that. If you
remove this parameter, tomcat (and xindice) should start and work
correctly.

Vadim

> Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
> (java.util.PropertyPermission xindice.configuration read)
>        at
> java
> .security
> .AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)
>        at
> java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
> 427)
>        at
> java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
>        at
> java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:
> 1285)
>        at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:628)
>        at
> org
> .apache
> .xindice.server.XindiceServlet.loadConfiguration(XindiceServlet.java:
> 232)

<snip/>