xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: No inline metadata reader available for version 109
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:19:48 GMT
On 01/25/2011 09:14 PM, Natalia Shilenkova wrote:

>>> Andre,
>>>
>>> Are you trying to retrieve the corrupted document from the database or
>>> just delete it? If it is the latter, then the simplest way, I think, is to
>>> create new empty collection and load the existing documents.
>>
>> Yes, I thought already that is probably the way to go. It will be
>> cumbersome.
>
> Yes, it can take a while, depending on the size of a collection... I
> think it may be possible to delete the corrupted entry using low-level
> API that doesn't try to interpret the data, but I would strongly
> recommend rebuilding the collection anyway, just to be sure that there
> are no hidden problems.

On the other hand, the way I've set things up is that there are related
XMl documents in the database with names (ids) likes 23-0.0, 23-0.1,
23-0.2 etc So, I can retrieve groups of related XML documents with one
command. If I can insert them also as groups (collection) then it going
to be a lot easier.

I am pretty sure that I going to rebuild the collection. Looks more
straightforward. It could be accomplished with a simple script.

Thanks,
Andre