xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Natalia Shilenkova <nshilenk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No inline metadata reader available for version 109
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 03:33:42 GMT

On Jan 25, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Andre Juffer wrote:

> [...]
Is
so

>>> Yes, I thought already that is probably the way to go. It will be
>>> cumbersome.
>>
>> Yes, it can take a while, depending on the size of a collection... I
>> think it may be possible to delete the corrupted entry using low-level
>> API that doesn't try to interpret the data, but I would strongly
>> recommend rebuilding the collection anyway, just to be sure that there
>> are no hidden problems.
>
> On the other hand, the way I've set things up is that there are related XMl documents
in the database with names (ids) likes 23-0.0, 23-0.1, 23-0.2 etc So, I can retrieve groups
of related XML documents with one command. If I can insert them also as groups (collection)
then it going to be a lot easier.

> I am pretty sure that I going to rebuild the collection. Looks more straightforward.
It could be accomplished with a simple script.

There is also Xindice command-line tool that has import and export options. If my memory serves
me right, import reads files in a directory and creates entries in the collection with ids
that correspond to file names, but I don't think it supports binary data. Would something
like import make the migration easier?

Regards,
Natalia