xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Natalia Shilenkova <nshilenk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Usage of xindice
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 23:55:52 GMT
On Feb 22, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to use the Xindice to store some XML files and query the data using XPath. Where
can I find a simple instruction on how to do this ? After going through the documentation
I was able to start the Xindice with Jetty and after setting up the classpaths in the examples
I was able to execute the samples but I am getting following error when run the samples.

> .
> trying to register database
> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xindice.util.XindiceException: DatabaseManager.getCollection(xmldb:xindice:///db/addressbook)
returned null.
> 	at org.apache.xindice.examples.AbstractExample.getCollection(AbstractExample.java:57)

Apparently, the collection /db/addressbook cannot be found. You can create the collection
by running a command:
bin/xindice ac -c /db -n addressbook

For other commands available from command line, please see command-line tool built-in help
(bin/xindice --help) or Xindice Commandline Tool Guide [1].

> Am I doing something wrong ? I do not bother what mode Xindice is running since I am
working on a PoC, ideally I will be using embedded Xindice but for the time being I can run
with Jetty since it's pretty much straight forward.

> If you can point me to a good documentation that would be greatful.

I would recommend to take a look at Xindice Developer Guide [2] (it mentions running examples
as well) and checking source code for examples and command tool.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xindice/1.2/guide-tools.html
[2] http://xml.apache.org/xindice/1.2/guide-developer.html

Regards,
Natalia