xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Natalia Shilenkova <nshilenk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we delete documents based on an Id
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:05:28 GMT

On Feb 25, 2011, at 11:09 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Is there a way to delete an added resource based on an ID. My requirement is like this.
>
> I am pumping in the incoming xml content to xindice while storing them in to a repository
and when user try to remove a resource from repository i need to remove that from the xindice
too, otherwise I am keeping unnecessary data on the db. By looking at your API's i couldn't
find a way to remove the content by parsing an ID, but during adding the resource I can keep
a list of ID's i have added to xindice.

> Do you have any solution for this or is there any other way to achieve this ?

Lahiru,

As far as I understand, you need something like this:

String key; // document key
Resource res = collection.getResource(key);
collection.removeResource(res);

This will delete the document from the collection.

Regards,
Natalia