xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <lah...@wso2.com>
Subject Simple Usage of xindice
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:07:36 GMT
Hi all,

I want to use the Xindice to store some XML files and query the data using
XPath. Where can I find a simple instruction on how to do this ? After going
through the documentation I was able to start the Xindice with Jetty and
after setting up the classpaths in the examples I was able to execute the
samples but I am getting following error when run the samples.

.
trying to register database
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xindice.util.XindiceException:
DatabaseManager.getCollection(xmldb:xindice:///db/addressbook) returned
null.
at
org.apache.xindice.examples.AbstractExample.getCollection(AbstractExample.java:57)

Am I doing something wrong ? I do not bother what mode Xindice is running
since I am working on a PoC, ideally I will be using embedded Xindice but
for the time being I can run with Jetty since it's pretty much straight
forward.

If you can point me to a good documentation that would be greatful.

Regards
Lahiru

--
Lahiru Gunathilake