xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "pkp413 @gmail.com" <pkp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WELCOME to xindice-users@xml.apache.org
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 20:12:30 GMT
Thank you, Natalia. I was able to install and reconfigure the DB files for
use with Xindice 1.1

I am having a couple of issues now:

#1. Do I need Tomcat to deploy/run Xindice 1.1 server? Can be it run without
Tomcat using the *xindiced start* command instead? what are the trade-offs
between using Tomcat or Jetty?

#2. Our current scripts read and write to DB collections using commands like
xindice rd -c //<DBSERVER>:4080/db/database -n TOC.xml

The new xindice command-line does not like the fully qualified server
name/port in front of the /db. These command would need to change to
something like...
xindice rd -d //<DBSERVER>:4080 -c /db/database -n TOC.xml

Which means all scripts that use xindice command-line will need to be
updated...any workaround for that?

Thanks,
=Pat=