xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: XMLBeans 1.02 zip release
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:59:51 GMT
I was just investigating this ... I would suggest using the SimpleType
interface which all XmlObjects support.  I believe that you can use this
to coerce any simple value into one of the know simple schema types.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McLaughlin [mailto:me_at_dogleg@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 10:58 AM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: XMLBeans 1.02 zip release

Nevermind!!! - I got it via the ChangeType()

Jim McLaughlin <me_at_dogleg@yahoo.com> wrote:
Does the XMLBeans 1.02 release scomp utility/code support anyType to
provide for generating/reading the example below:

<MyAnyValue xsi:type="xsd:float">2.34567E+23</MyAnyValue>

where MyAnyValue is an element of a comlexType "defaulted" to anyType in
an XSD document?

Is there an example of setting the xsi:type= ... portion of the string
above (aka the xsi:type attribute)

It looks like it should be available from the Factory class in the
type=X class() via the XmlOptions or from the SchemaType parameter?
If not, is it in another release (1.03)/CVS?

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http:/promotions.yahoo.com/new_ma
il/static/protection.html>  - You care about security. So do we.
  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/100/*http:/promotions.yahoo.com
/new_mail/static/efficiency.html>  - 100MB free storage!