xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Krouse" <kkro...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Building and running under JDK 1.3.1
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:10:54 GMT
Hi Dan,

We're waiting on the release of xmlbeans 1.0.1 before we do the branching of the v1 tree for
the jdk1.3.1 port.  we're all waiting with much anticipation of the 1.0.1 release... any day
now. ;)

--k

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Sterling [mailto:dsterlin@sct.com]
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 8:30 AM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Building and running under JDK 1.3.1

Thank you very much for posting the jira issue.  I am very interested in using xmlbean in
a JVM 1.3.1 environment.
How will I be able to track the progress of this issue.  Will there be a formal email when
this capability exists?
There have not been any comments posted to the jira issue to date.
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=XMLBEANS-28

Thank you again for your assistence.

Dan Sterling

>Dutta Satadip wrote:
> Hello Dan,
> Currently, XMLBeans works on 1.4.X. Other users have expressed
> interest in having Xmlbeams backported to 1.3.X. Correct me If I am
> wrong, but someone (Matt??) is working on this.
>
> There was some email about a month back on this topic.
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=602

i just filed a jira issue (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=XMLBEANS-28)
to track getting Matt's jdk 1.3.x work available for Xmlbeans v.1.  Since Matt has already
done most/all of the work I don't think it will take very long to accomplish.  i expect this
will be available in the next few weeks.
rem