xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Paransky" <Alexander.Paran...@Overture.com>
Subject RE: XmlOptions.setLoadAdditionalNamespaces does not appear to work
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:11:58 GMT
Eric,

That is exactly what I am trying to do, so then I have this problem.  The Weblogic AbstractCodec.deserialize()
is called and I am required to decode the XMLInputStream.  Weblogic has already parsed out
the SOAP header and I am only given the document (DOCUMENT/LITERAL encoding) which I now need
to parse.

Since Weblogic already parsed out the header, I can get at the namespaces defined in the <soapenv:Envelope
by using various javax.xml APIs.  The parameter which I am trying to parse however, does not
explicitly re-declare the namespaces, but does make references to them, such as xsi:type="...".

The overall XML starting with <soapenv:Envelope is valid.  However, the subset which makes
up the parameter, does not have enough namespace definitions to be parsed in isolation.  I
was hoping that setting additional namespaces on load would act as if those namespaces have
been defined previously and help the "resolver" resolve the namespaces correctly in the XML
fragment which is the parameter.

Without this working, I am thinking I would have to "inject" the namespaces into the StringBuffer
containing the XML to be parsed, prior to parsing it.  It's not all that pretty.  I have to
search for an insertion point, and then insert the namespace declarations that I can retrieve
from the headers.  It is a solution, but I was hoping that XmlOptions.setLoadAdditionalNamespaces()
would accomplish this task.

Is this not a common problem when using DOCUMENT/LITERAL encoding and having XMLBeans parse
out a sub-xml-document fragment?

Thanks.
-AP_