xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri.Coleba...@toyota.com.au
Subject RE: old (1999) schema documents
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:27:48 GMT

Thanks again Eric.  The compatibility answer was the one I was after.  fwiw
we haven't noticed any sideeffects in testing as yet (3-4 days in our test
environment so far).

cheers
dim

|         |           "Eric Vasilik"   |
|         |           <ericvas@bea.com>|
|         |           17/03/2004 04:28 |
|         |           xmlbeans-user    |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       <xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org>
                                |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  RE: old (1999) schema documents

The impact of substituting these namespaces should be as though the
original document actually had these namespaces in it.  WRT the
compatibility of the working draft of the schema spec with the final
version, I am not sure.  The schema instance namespace if for adding
instance specific information.  For example, xsi:type can be used for
specifying the type of an instance.  It is usually used to specify the
derived type.

- Eric