Thank you very much for posting the jira issue.  I am very interested in using xmlbean in a JVM 1.3.1 environment.
How will I be able to track the progress of this issue.  Will there be a formal email when this capability exists?
There have not been any comments posted to the jira issue to date.
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=XMLBEANS-28

Thank you again for your assistence.

Dan Sterling

>Dutta Satadip wrote:
> Hello Dan,
> Currently, XMLBeans works on 1.4.X. Other users have expressed
> interest in having Xmlbeams backported to 1.3.X. Correct me If I am
> wrong, but someone (Matt??) is working on this.
>
> There was some email about a month back on this topic.
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=602

i just filed a jira issue (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=XMLBEANS-28) to track getting Matt's jdk 1.3.x work available for Xmlbeans v.1.  Since Matt has already done most/all of the work I don't think it will take very long to accomplish.  i expect this will be available in the next few weeks.
rem