xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Campana Jr., Salvatore J" <sal.camp...@hp.com>
Subject RE: How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:32:01 GMT
I can can convert my SOAPElements to XmlObjects....That isn't an
issue...

It's more along the lines of what Ian posted in that it would be nice to
be able to get at that "any" element in the structure and add XmlObjects
to the array...

In the case you site, I am not entirely sure how to go about things....

Should i:

1.  use a cursor on the document to be inserted into. (foo)
2. then convert the SOAPEleemnt into an XmlObject (soapfoo)
3. then use a cursor on the new XmlObject (soapfoo)
4. then call on foo's cursor.copyXml and pass the other cursor to it???

Is that what copyXml is meant to do??

thx!!

________________________________

From: Eric Vasilik [mailto:ericvas@bea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:18 AM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject

XmlCursor is how content is interrogated/manipulated when a Schema does
not provide enough information for generated classes to be generated (as
is the case with xs:any).

You might be able to use a combination of XmlCursor and the
XmlObject.set to construct the desired document.  Also, you can use
XmlCursor to move content from one doc to another for the same purposes.
Are your soap elements XmlBeans, or is this SAAJ?

- Eric