xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mik Lernout <...@futurestreet.org>
Subject Re: scomp does not validate <xs:choice> properly?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 20:48:47 GMT
Lachlan,

It is very strange that the XSV validator does not catch this error as
it is definitely invalid. The basic premise is that when there is a
choice, there can be no particles in its options that can be ambitious:
for an element to be valid for a choice, the validator must be able to
determine in the very beginning to which of the different choices it
should match...

A less confusing explanation can be found in the Spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#non-ambig

Mik