xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Iantosca, Jonathan" <jianto...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: unexpected NoClassDefFoundError
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:21:58 GMT
hehehe, I don't *think* we're doing anything odd.

We deploy a war (never exploded) that contains our generated xmlbeans jar in
WEB-INF/lib. What I meant to say below was that the jvm had the same classes
available to it before/after the restart...unless of course someone is
creating them on the fly. Our system classpath hasn't changed recently, and
the only thing I see that might be related to xmlbeans is the weblogic stuff
(weblogic.jar & weblogic_sp.jar). xbean.jar is also in the war's lib.

And just to give a little more context.. the document factory in the stack
trace below had already parsed over 60,000 docs. Could xmlbeans have
possibly needed to load a class that it didn't need in the previous  60,000
parse requests?(I don't think so) I suspect this Error may be an artifact of
a larger problem.

Thanks,
-Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitri.Colebatch@toyota.com.au
[mailto:Dmitri.Colebatch@toyota.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 6:54 PM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: unexpected NoClassDefFoundError

you're not doing anything odd are you?  don't have anything on the system
classpath, or are you deploying to exploded directory?

we're running the same config but on linux, and have been using xmlbeans
for a year now without a single problem.  we simply put the generated
*-xbean.jar files (our naming convention) in WEB-INF/lib (almost all our
stuff is soap based).

do you want to tell us more about your environment - ie type of deployment
and location of classes.

cheers
dim