xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Iantosca, Jonathan" <jianto...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: unexpected NoClassDefFoundError
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:20:44 GMT
Hi Arek,
The thing that gets me (in our situation) is that the xmlbeans was heavily
exercised over the past few days, then all of the sudden, we get the
NoClassDefFoundError. In my experience, this is the type of error that shows
up right away (like your situation below, I think).

Thanks for the feedback!

-Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Arek Stryjski [mailto:developer@krzyzowki.net.pl]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 5:13 AM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: unexpected NoClassDefFoundError

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>         at
> org.tiaa.custinquiry.xmlbeans.summary.ResponseDocument$Factory.parse(Unk
> nown
> Source)

At this place you have somthing like this in code:
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.getContextTypeLoader().parse( ... );

After changing from BEA to Apache version I think our Ant deploy task did
not
put right xbean.jar (with classes from org.apache.xmlbeans.* packages) to
our
biuld, so we also got NoClassDefFoundError.
But if you are runing same version in development (class generation) and in
development it should not be the case.

regards
Arek

TIAA-CREF