xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:18:29 GMT
XmlCursor is how content is interrogated/manipulated when a Schema does
not provide enough information for generated classes to be generated (as
is the case with xs:any).

You might be able to use a combination of XmlCursor and the
XmlObject.set to construct the desired document.  Also, you can use
XmlCursor to move content from one doc to another for the same purposes.
Are your soap elements XmlBeans, or is this SAAJ?

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Campana Jr., Salvatore J [mailto:sal.campana@hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 2:41 PM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject

I have generated an XmlBean for a schema which contains an element which
is of type xsd:any.  I am trying to determine the easiest way to insert
some SOAPElement objects into the XmlBean into this xsd:any field.
(Note. I can convert the SOAPElements to String or DOM)

It seems as though a XmlCursor may provide a way to do it, but I am not
sure....

Here is a snippet of the schema:

<xsd:complexContent name="foo">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexContent>

<xsd:element name="FooBar" type="foo"/>

While a FooBar is generated, there is no direct way (from what I can
tell) in which I can add to the "any"....A XMLCursor will allow me to
create an element and add text, but since I do not know what type the
MessageElements will be, it becomes an exercise in walking all the
elements in the MessageElement structure to add the xml....Is there and
easier way?

  _____

Sal Campana
HP Software