xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:31:18 GMT
We've discussed these kinds of getters/setters, but rejected them
because of the ambiguousness of which elements participate in the any
and which don't.  I don't recall the exact details of the reasoning -
there may be something in the mail archives, or perhaps someone else
remembers ...

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Springer, Ian P. [mailto:ian.springer@hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 8:26 AM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject

Hi Eric,

Wouldn't it be possible for SchemaCompiler to generate operations along
the lines of:

public XmlObject[] getAny()
public void setAny( XmlObject[] xmlObjs )
public addToAny( XmlObject xmlObj )

? similar to what Axis does when it generates classes for schemas that
contain anys. This would make it a whole lot easier to work with schemas
containing anys.

Regards,
Ian

  _____