xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Radu Preotiuc-Pietro" <ra...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Elements from imported namespaces
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:40:23 GMT
Let me see if I can help,
Coming back to your original Schema, what is the root element in your XML tree? Your Schema
appears to declare no global element, just a global type.
If you had an <element name="BarElement" type="target:BarType"/> in there and a document
whose root is "bar:BarElement", then it would work (I tried it, but with normal parse).
Or, alternatively, there may be a problem in the code that builds the document via SAX events,
which you haven't posted.

Radu

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikhil Dinesh [mailto:nikhild@seas.upenn.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 6:47 AM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Elements from imported namespaces

Im not using an explicit XmlAnyType. The type is FooElement. Im just
reading it in messaging the XmlSaxHandler. And as per the W3 recommendation
it is not the case that it has to be the last element. For example, I could
include attributes from another namespace which are not in any ModelGroup.
But there is some interaction between the targetNamespace and the imported
namespace which if I understand correctly is:

<element name="Foo" type="foo:FooElementType" > (the name Foo will now be
in the targetNamespace. I think the children preserve the old namsepace)

<element ref="foo:FooElement" > (the namespace is preserved)

The default value for processContents is 'strict' so they should be typed.

Finally, the schema below does not allow elements of AnyType. Thus seeing
such an element should cause errors. Right? And the validator should know
that it is of BarType because the container element will be of type
BarElementDocument thats how the instance of XmlSaxHandler is created.

-Nikhil