xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.oh...@rwsol.com>
Subject RE: Common schema
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:24:37 GMT
Thanks I'll give it a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Coburn Kimberley [mailto:Kimberley.Coburn@softlab.de]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 11:15 AM
To: 'xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Common schema

Hello,

Yes, there is a very easy way to do this. In your ant task, generate a jar file for just your
Common schema; include this jar file in the classpath for the tasks you use to generate the
XmlBeans for all your other schema. Here's how it looks in my build.xml:

<property name="classpath" value="${locallibs}/ehl_nocorba.jar${classpathseparator}

${generatedlibs}/CommonSbsXmlBeans.jar${classpathseparator}

${wls}/server/lib/xbean.jar"/>

<target name="xmlbeans-subsystem" description="${subsystem}.${component}" unless="generator.xmlbeans.off">

<echo>Running xmlbeans for subsystem ${subsystem} and component ${component}</echo>

<taskdef name="xmlbean" classpath="${wls}/server/lib/xbean.jar" classname="com.bea.xbean.tool.XMLBean"/>

<xmlbean destfile="${generatedlibs}/${subsystem}${component}XmlBeans.jar" srcgendir="${generatedlibs}/gen/src"
classgendir="${generatedlibs}/gen/cls" classpath="${classpath}" typesystemname="holder.${subsystem}">

<fileset dir="${schemadir}/${subsystem}/${component}">

<include name="*.*"/>

</fileset>

</xmlbean>

<delete dir="${generatedlibs}/gen"/>

</target>

The first subsytem generated is the one for the Common subsystem, i.e. the one with all our
common types in it. Subsequent generation tasks for schemas that include the common schema
see the Common types in the CommonSbsXmlBeans.jar on the classpath and don't generate these
types again.

Hope this helps,

Kimberley Coburn