xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From "Rick Ho" <Rick...@oomc.com>
Subject RE: Common schema
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:55:24 GMT
My understanding is if all the schemas (including schemas and excluded schemas) are under the
same namespace, then you should not have duplicate classes for the common schema.

I have similar problem before: my common schema has not namespace defined, but the including
schemas have different namespaces, so the common schema inherit differnt namespaces in different
including context, which causes xmlbeans to create duplicate classes for the some common schema.

To solve my problem, I defined its own namesapce in common schema, and used "import" instead
of "include" in the main schemas.

regards,
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: O'Hara, Patrick [mailto:patrick.ohara@rwsol.com]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 7:05 AM
To: xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Common schema

We use XML for almost all of our interaction with external systems.  We are considering using
XMLBeans to handle our XML to Java processing.  I have run into something I need a little
direction on.  We have a Common schema.  This is included in most of our Schemas.  The result
is that each time I make a jar for a new Schema I get a duplicate set of classes for the Common
data types.  This is troubling to me as there is a possibility that these classes may end
up out of sync.  I am wondering if there is a way to tell XMLBeans that classes for part of
the schema (say the parts that are included from a different schema) have already been generated?
 If not that, then is there an alternative approach that I could use to centralize these classes
into a seperate jar?

Pat O'Hara
patrick.ohara@rwsol.com
Connecture, Inc.