xml-xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri.Coleba...@toyota.com.au
Subject RE: unexpected NoClassDefFoundError
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:36:15 GMT
(o:

I think all I can say at this point is "good luck"...

it indeed sounds like a weird one.  I'll be interested to hear of any
developments.

cheers
dim

-----Original Message-----
From: Iantosca, Jonathan [mailto:jiantosca@tiaa-cref.org]
Sent: Thursday, 29 July 2004 3:22 PM
To: 'xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: unexpected NoClassDefFoundError

hehehe, I don't *think* we're doing anything odd.

We deploy a war (never exploded) that contains our generated xmlbeans jar
in WEB-INF/lib. What I meant to say below was that the jvm had the same
classes available to it before/after the restart...unless of course
someone is creating them on the fly. Our system classpath hasn't changed
recently, and the only thing I see that might be related to xmlbeans is
the weblogic stuff (weblogic.jar & weblogic_sp.jar). xbean.jar is also in
the war's lib.

And just to give a little more context.. the document factory in the stack
trace below had already parsed over 60,000 docs. Could xmlbeans have
possibly needed to load a class that it didn't need in the previous
60,000 parse requests?(I don't think so) I suspect this Error may be an
artifact of a larger problem.

Thanks,
-Jon