xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: #include for <xsp:
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:09:47 GMT
On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Tagunov Anthony wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:33:05 +0000 (GMT), Matt Sergeant wrote:
> >And don't forget the util: taglib.
> As far as i understand, this include happens at runtime, so this is what
> you call "application of taglibs in parallel", isn't it, Matt ? ;)

No. What I mean by this is that AxKit doesn't go:

XSLT -> XSLT -> XSLT -> XSP

for taglibs, it's just one XSP processor that dispatches SAX events to
taglib modules depending on namespace, so all taglibs get applied in
parallel.

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:26:20 -0000, Robin Green wrote:
>
> >.. and external entities?
>
> That is almost what i need, they provide exactly the functionality i want,
> inclusion that may even include stuff like <request:get-parameter../>.
> It is possible to use them.
> The reasons i don't use them are:
> a) the syntax is somewhat not very evident and friendly (having to
> define a <!DOCTYPE> section..
> b) in C1 architecture the caching system is unable to detect changes
> in file included in this fashion
>
> The external enteties are great, but still, wouldn't it be beneficial to have
> a more evident syntax for the same purpose?

How about xinclude then?

> (Plus the ablility for
> the caching mechanisms to know that the timestamp on the included
> file should be taken into consideration?)

FWIW, AxKit doesn't have this bug, but then it doesn't support xinclude,
so it's swings and roundabouts :-)

--
<Matt/>

     \\//