xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: taglib application order (was: Re-purposing XSP)
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:53:23 GMT
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Tagunov Anthony wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:12:10 +0000 (GMT), Matt Sergeant wrote:
>
> >As I already said, the SAX parser that parses the XSP file dispatches
> >events to other SAX handlers that implement the taglibs (so it's a
> >namespace dispatcher, if you like). Each event can return a string that
> >appends to the generated script, or they can call
> >$handler->append_to_script("code").
>
> Not very stong in Perl, sorry :-)) What i find usefull to ask in addition, Matt
> is do you handle and how do you handle things like
>
> <esql:parameter><request:get-parameter name="foo"></esql:parameter>

esql:parameter generates a Perl variable that "waits" to be assigned to
something. When request:get-parameter is called, it knows this is an
<xsp:expr> really, and so fires a relevant SAX event to say so. The expr
knows it's context, and so knows it has to set a variable. Which it gladly
does. It's not rocket science, but can be confusing. It's all explained in
the docs - why don't you download it?

And yes, we do implement esql. We've actually removed the sql taglib now
because it didn't seem worth supporting.

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\