xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Re-purposing XSP (was Re: [RT] Rationalizing XSP (was: XSP and aspects))
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:34:02 GMT
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Allan Erskine wrote:

> > Well it seems to me that you're saying a page should always start with
> > <xsp:page> so that it is distinguishable from <xsp:process>, and other
> > things should start with other root tags, which is not the way XSP was
> > heading (root tag not required) a couple of months ago. Obviously I'd like
> > to hear more opinions on this.
>
> I proposed in my first use case that a page with no <xsp: > ns root tag
> would be interpreted as a page (for generators in a pipeline).  Root tag not
> required would still be an XSP feature.  I also suggested this should imply
> that embedded-language is switched-off.
>
> So page generation would be the "default" behaviour.  I'll make sure and
> mention this too in my next email (in a couple of days...I'm a bit snowed
> under at the minute)

OK, also be aware that this hard-coded-ness isn't how AxKit works. The end
user sets up what transforms what depending on his own selected criteria.
So a default for XSP might be:

AxAddRootProcessor application/x-xsp . {http://apache.org/xsp/core/v1}page

But it could be any root tag, or not even setup based on root tag (other
options are filename, suffix, public id, system id, etc). None of this is
hard coded (or even defaulted - it's up to the user).

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\