xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: xsp:implements
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:24:58 GMT
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Robin Green wrote:

> I see no problem with this. It would go inside <xsp:structure>. Any
> objections?

Yes, I do object, because it's not an issue when using any language other
than Java for XSP, so it doesn't really deserve to be in the core XSP
spec. Most languages don't do implements anyway - it's a Java hack
because you can't do MI or mixins.

Sorry, just trying to keep the XSP spec crutch free.

> "Peter C. Verhage" <petercv@zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
> >Could somehow a tag like this be added to XSP? Why you probably ask. Well
> >it's quite simple. As you might know, when programming in JAVA you can
> >define flags something like this: public final int FLAGNAME = 1;. You can
> >do
> >this within an interface or a class. There's only one minor problem, if you
> >want to reference to such a flag from an other (external) class you always
> >have to use <interface-/class-name>.<flag-name>, e.g. Interface.FLAG.
So