xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: XSP files inside another xsp file
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:12:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "xml cocoon" <cocoonxml@hotmail.com>
To: <xsp-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 5:50 PM
Subject: XSP files inside another xsp file

>      I have the functionality in such a way that I need to use these in
> every xsp page.
>
>     For example :- sidenav, top nav bar of a web page are contants in
every
> xsp page and dynamic... My content is also some components which will be
> reused (like graph & details, etc)... All the components are populated
with
> dynamic content/data.
>
>     So I wanted to create separate xsp's & xsl's for each
> components/functionality  and reuse them in every other(home-page or
search
> page, print preview, etc) xsp page...
>
>    I  cannot use frames.... and also I donot want to make one huge xsp
page
> with all the functionality and dynamic content :-)
>
> So what are the different ways to go and are there any examples

What you need is some form of aggregation.
It can be done by the sitemap with the "aggregate" tag or in XSPs, with
inclusion.
There are examples of this in the Cocoon2 webapp demo pages, and in the
sitemap of the documentation.

You can find lots of information also in the mailing list archives of
cocoon-users on aggregation and include.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 krysalis.org@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -