xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <ulr...@mayring.de>
Subject Re: this list --was Xsp w/out Cocoon
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:02:45 GMT
Matt Sergeant wrote:

> You can also define your taglib as a pure SAX handler, and we use
> namespace dispatch during the parse to send only the relevant tags to your
> SAX handler - this makes it faster than a regular SAX filter approach.

Now, this is an interesting idea. But what about this:

<t1:foo><t2:bar/></t1:foo>

You send the whole thing to the t1 handler. The t1 handler has to know
about the t2 handler (and all other handlers), this seems a bit
complicated to synch. Or do you mean something like this:

startElement("foo") ==> t1 handler
startElement("bar") ==> t2 handler
endElement("bar") ==> t2 handler
endElement("foo") ==> t1 handler

But this way the t1 handler cannot know if the <t1:foo> element is empty
or not. Would that be a feature or a mis-feature? :)

By the way: you talk about "namespace dispatch", is that some kind of a
SAX function or did you invent that yourself for Axkit?

cheers,

Ulrich