xml-xsp-dev mailing list archives

From David Zellhoefer <da...@8bit-inferno.de>
Subject German special character got lost during XSP processing
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:45:15 GMT
Hej,

I have a problem with the encoding of special characters (my assumption)
and their processing in Cocoon. You'll find my configuration below.

I have a database holding some strings with special German "Umlaute"
such as ä, ö etc.
All characters are stored right, when I check them with the MySQL
console or with PHPMyAdmin on the server.

If I run a query with ESQL and retrieve some strings from MySQL Cocoon
produces a weird output like "thisIsATest?", where the last character
should be one of the "Umlauts".
I programmed a work-around for DOS which only takes the string and
replaces all characters with themselves (String.replaceAll()).
This approach doesn't work under Linux.
I have a pipeline finally ending in a HTML output, but the XML produced
by the XSP has this problem as well.

Has anyone an idea how to encode the characters in a way that Cocoon is
able to work with? Or do I have to change something else?

Cheers,

David

************************
System: