xmlbeans-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Bishop <bisho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wrong namespace prefix in generated documents?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 17:22:25 GMT
I've got to figure out how to debug it. Currently, it's in a Maven project
with the XMLBeans plugin running the schema compilation.

The map works when I call save(options) or xmlText(options), but not when
the document is created (Factory.newInstance(options)).

// Option that sets the namespace map.
XmlOptions options = ...;

MyDoc doc = MyDoc.Factory.newInstance(options);

System.out.println("Wrong prefix: " + doc.xmlText());
System.out.println("Right prefix: " + doc.xmlText(options));

The schema is spread out across multiple files. I'm going to try to create
a small test case to see if I can't reproduce this.


On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Cezar Andrei <cezar.andrei@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Michael,
>
> That's odd, please check that your namespace URI is exactly the same in
> both the schema and the map you're setting. Also, make sure the prefix you
> want is not already used in your document with a different URI.
>
> If it's still not working and you're not afraid of debugging, you can
> trace the ensureMapping method in Saver.java:757 .
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlbeans/trunk/src/store/org/
> apache/xmlbeans/impl/store/Saver.java?view=markup
>
> Cezar
>
>
> On 08/02/2014 02:04 PM, Michael Bishop wrote:
>
>> OK, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to fix
>> the problem. I thought I'd tried the steps outlined in the linked blog
>> before, but I did it again, just in case.
>>
>> Here's the full schema definitions:
>>
>> Old:
>> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>> *xmlns:xxx="http://..."*
>>
>>            targetNamespace="http://..."
>>            elementFormDefault="qualified">
>>
>> New:
>> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>> *xmlns:xxx="yyy:aaa:bbb..."*
>>
>>            targetNamespace="yyy:..."
>>            elementFormDefault="qualified">
>>
>> As you can see, in both schemas, I'm declaring a namespace of *xxx*, but
>> it's only honored in the old schema. The only thing that's changed between
>> schemas is the namespace. I had a request from our customer to change it.
>> However, a call to:
>>
>>
>> MyGeneratedClass.Factory.newInstance() results in a document that looks
>> like this:
>>
>> <yyy:root xmlns:yyy="yyy:aaa:bbb..."/>
>>
>> Applying a namespace map to an XmlOptions object doesn't seem to have any
>> effect. I've tried it with the call to MyGeneratedClass.Factory.newInstance()
>> and a call to MyGeneratedInstance.xmlText():
>>
>> XmlOptions options = new XmlOptions();
>> Map<String, String> nsMap = new HashMap<>();
>> nsMap.put("yyy:aaa:bbb", "xxx");
>> options.setSaveSuggestedPrefixes(nsMap);
>>
>> // No change to output.
>> MyGeneratedClass.Factory.newInstance(options);
>> MyGeneratedInstance.xmlText(options);
>>
>> I guess I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Why is the prefix declaration in my schema being ignored? *xmlns:xxx*
>> has never changed. It's only the value of the namespace that has changed.
>>
>> 2. I find it odd that Map has no effect either. Is there anything else I
>> should be looking into? I'm not sure if my schema is somehow "wrong" or I
>> have a setting in XMLBeans misconfigured. It's becoming more than just an
>> annoying problem. XPath statements are now broken since they employ the
>> *xxx* prefix. I'm not sure where to start tracking down the issue. Both the
>> guidance and the docs seem straightforward to me, yet I can't get it to
>> work properly.
>>
>>
>> Any guidance is appreciated. I'm on XMLBeans 2.5.0. If there's anything
>> more I can provide, I can do so.
>>
>> Michael Bishop
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Cezar Andrei <cezar.andrei@oracle.com
>> <mailto:cezar.andrei@oracle.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     If you don't provide a prefix, XmlBeans will automatically pick a
>>     prefix, and it tries to pick one that is part of the URI.
>>
>>     Cezar
>>
>>
>>
>>     On 07/28/2014 01:27 PM, Michael Bishop wrote:
>>
>>         Hello all. I've recently changed the namespace of my schema.
>>         Now I'm getting the wrong prefix name and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>         Old namespace was:
>>
>>         xmlns:*xxx*="http://ccc.bbb.aaa"
>>
>>         New namespace is:
>>
>>         xmlns:*xxx*="*yyy*:aaa:bbb:ccc"
>>
>>         With the old namespace, the prefix for elements was xxx. Now
>>         with the new namespace, the prefix fpr elements is *yyy*. It
>>         seems switching from URL form to URI form has caused the
>>         processor to start using the first part of the URI as the
>>         prefix? This happens when I call the static
>>         Factory.newInstance() on generated classes. Older documents
>>         with the correct prefix still parse properly.
>>
>>         It's not a big deal since the namespace is intact and things
>>         work as they should, but I can't figure out why this is
>>         happening. I don't declare xmlns:*yyy* anywhere in the schema
>>         or xsdconfig files.
>>
>>         Michael Bishop
>>
>>
>>
>>     ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
>>     <mailto:user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org>
>>
>>     For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org
>>     <mailto:user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org>
>>
>>
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@xmlbeans.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@xmlbeans.apache.org
>
>

Mime
View raw message