From "Fred Smith" <fsm...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: SVGGraphics2D to JPeg
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:39:52 GMT

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

What I really want to do is server-side graphing using a JChart.  I think I
understand how to use an SVGGraphics2D object to get an off-screen image, and it
appears that the technique would work with any AWT component.  But I have not
been able to figure out how to convert the SVG document to a JPeg image.  I have
read about the JpegTranscoder and  the StaticRenderer, but I appear to be
missing the transformation from an Element to a GraphicsNode (just a guess).
Obviously the rasterizer has the ability to do what I want, but I have not been
successful in reverse engineering this piece from the Javadoc.

Fred.