From VASQUEZ_JA...@LILLY.COM
Subject Re: Rasterizing via API
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:47:58 GMT
Thierry,

Let me know if problem reports are more of a pain then a help right
now....

Anyway, I download b2rc1 from the web site, and changed my servlet a bit
to match the new API (I agree that it is much cleaner now--makes more
sense to me at least).  But, I'm still getting the same error as before.

Basically, I'm just creating a new TranscoderInput by giving it a
BufferedReader, and a new TranscoderOutput initialized with a
BufferedOutputStream.  (Should be a pretty straight-forward test)  Details
below.

Are the sources for Crimson available?  It seems that this problem occurs
when calling into that parser.  The xml.apache.org/crimson site doesn't
appear to have the sources available at this time.

Here's the source for my implementation of writeImage for a Servlet:

<snip>
        private void writeImage(Transcoder t, String svgInput,
OutputStream ostream) throws IOException, TranscoderException {
                BufferedOutputStream bos = new
BufferedOutputStream(ostream);
                BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new
StringReader(svgInput));

                t.transcode(new TranscoderInput(br),
                            new TranscoderOutput(bos));
                bos.flush();
        }
</snip>

And here's the error I get at runtime:

<snip>
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXDocumentFactory.java:148)
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:112)
        at
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.createDocument(SAXSVGDocumentFactory.java:168)
        at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstractTranscoder.java:104)
        at
com.lilly.cmit.analysis.client.web.PNGReportViewerServlet.writeImage(PNGReportViewerServlet.java:49)
        at
com.lilly.cmit.analysis.client.web.PNGReportViewerServlet.doGet(PNGReportViewerServlet.java:32)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
</snip>

Thanks,
Jason