From "David Schweinsberg" <da...@steadystate.co.uk>
Subject RE: Problem converting fonts
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:34:47 GMT
> The real problem is: I need to use a PFM (or PFB, AFM or II) font
> in an SVG, which will be rasterized afterwards; How?

You'll need some way of converting the PS font to a TrueType outline, rather
than relying on the conversion that occurs on copying to the Windows font
folder.  AFAIK this just converts to a "TrueType Open" / "OpenType" font,
which is able to hold PS font outlines.

This doesn't help you presently, but I am extending TTF2SVG to work with PS
outlines.  Also to directly handle Type 1 and CFF fonts.  RSN!

Regards,

David Schweinsberg